Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Hello Kitty!


Anyone remember this store?  We had one at a mall here when I was younger.  I loved this store! Mainly because I love Hello Kitty, but also because they had the coolest stuff.

Ahhh...memories.  {sigh}

This past Sunday, we had our monthly fellowship and potluck at church.  There is usually a theme and this month was "Pinterest".  We were asked to sign up to decorate tables and get our ideas from Pinterest.

I signed up and got online. After many, many hours spent perusing Pinterest and changing my mind 72 times, I decided to do a Hello Kitty table.

Wanna see?

My friend took this picture.  I was on a budget, so I resorted to basically using my Silhouette to do 95% of the table.  That's a lot of pink... and I love it!


How adorable are these plates?  Yeah, I can't take credit for them.  Totally a Pinterest steal, but they're still cute.



Another Pinterest steal.  I used a circle punch and some vinyl to jazz up the cups, then added bows to the straws.  Only one person didn't want to drink from the bow straw and he was a man.  Go figure....ha ha.


This centerpiece was a pain in the you know what!  As I said, our budget is tight right now so I was trying to use things we had on hand.  I didn't have a vase to use, so we stuck some plastic risers together and wrapped them with paper.  Not the cutest thing ever, but it worked.  This looks lopsided and I did fix it, but it was after I took the picture.  I love those rainbows!



So the plan was to hang three balloon flowers above the table.  And that I did...sorta.  This flower looks great, but the others not so much.  Apparently, manipulating balloons is not my forte.  They all started out as flowers, but one of them turned into a nice cloud-like group of balloons with no shape.


Someone took this with my phone, so I apologize for it being blurry, but I wanted to show the entire table.  If you need cheap decor for a party, you can't get cheaper than this.  I spent less than $5.00 for the entire table.  It took some labor and my Silhouette did most of the work, but I love how it turned out.


All the "confetti" on the table was cut with my Silhouette Cameo.  I googled Hello Kitty and found several images.  I then imported them into the software and used the trace feature.  I love that trace feature!!  It's awesome.  If you've never used it, don't be scared.  It's easy and wonderful!

Have a happy Tuesday!
Cheryl









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!