Monday, September 14, 2015

Doodling

I spoke last week of my great adoration for hand lettering.  After hours spent on Pinterest perusing some lovely lettering, I decided I wanted to try my hand at it.  I see all these beautiful calligraphed envelopes and wedding invitations and it stirs something deep within me.
Deep, deep within.

A longing for lettering.

In searching for resources to help me learn, I happened upon Llamas Love Lettering.  Oh. My. Word.  I'm completely jelly of this gals talent.  And get this.... She gets to write beautiful letters for her job! {sigh} How fab is that?  A girl can dream...

Back to reality.

I decided I would start small.  My brother had a birthday a couple of weeks ago, and I thought I'd embellish the envelope for his card.  Here it is...


I realize this is not a great work of art.  It's just a simple, short name.  But it's a start for me.  And I loved every minute of it.

I bought some Sharpies (that were recommended by Ms. Llama) and they actually did make a difference.  She recommends using  Sharpie Extra Fine Permanent Markers, 1 Box (12 Black Marker (35001)).  I got these from Amazon and I love them!  They are by far my favorite tip size Sharpie makes.  

I'm off to learn more lettering....

If you're interested in some Sharpies, be sure to click the link above and help support Pink and Paper.

Happy Monday!
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!