Monday, September 28, 2015

Batman Card

My co-worker ordered a card from me for her sister's 18th birthday.  Apparently, she's a huge Batman fan, so she found an idea on Pinterest asked me to recreate it.  She wanted me to merge two cards. Here's the inspiration...

via Pinterest

via Pinterest

And here's what I came up with...

I created this on my Silhouette.  (Sorry for the bad lighting...I finished late at night!)  I also was lazy and didn't set up my photo tent so please ignore my messy desk!  My co-worker told me what she wanted it to say, but I designed the rest.
 
 
To create the cityscape, I found an image on Google and traced it in my Silhouette.  I added the windows, made a compound path and cut it in black.  Then, I removed the windows and cut a yellow layer to put behind it.  For the words, I designed them in Silhouette as well and used the print and cut feature.  The font is KG Beneath Your Beautiful.


The Bat Signal is attached with an Action Wobble.  You can purchase these on Amazon HERE.


I love Action Wobbles!  I think they make whimsical cards so much better.  Here's a side view.


And get ready for it....


The Action Wobble in action!


One more.  I was quite impressed with my speedy photography skills to catch this.  Wow.  Love these little springs!


Here's the inside of the card.  Again, I found the image online and traced it in Silhouette Studio.


She texted me after I'd already made the card and asked for a gift card holder to be added.  Nothing fancy, but I put this inside.

If you ever need a card for a super hero in your life, go ahead - use this layout!  It's easy and fun!

Hugs,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!