Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Grateful


One year ago today, I was in an ambulance on my way to Norman Regional Hospital.  For those who don't know, I had felt bad for months, and that night, my husband found me thrashing around, unable to speak and having convulsions in our living room.  I was out for a few days and diagnosed with Meningitis.  I wanted to share this to remind everyone how good God is to us! My brain was swollen and they were unsure if I would have lasting damage.  There was the possibility that I could lose my ability to speak, motor skills, ability to walk, etc.  Also, there was the possibility of weeks or even months in the hospital.  Instead of this (and because of the prayers that went up on my behalf), I woke up after 3 days and went home on the 6th day!  I have no memory of that time, but other than that I have only had some short term memory loss and some concentration and focus issues.  It could have been so much worse but thank you, Lord, it wasn't.  He kept His hand on me and blessed me with life.  As I look back on what was probably one of the hardest years I've ever had, I know this.  God is faithful.  He never lets me down, even when I don't understand His plan for me. So, today as I remember, I just want to say thank you God, for being my loving heavenly father and having my life in your hands. I will never be able to say thank you enough.

Hugs,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!