Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Taco Soup Recipe

I shared this on my other blog and thought you all might be interested...


I {heart} Taco Soup!  Years ago, during one of my many attempts at weight loss, I got this recipe at a Weight Watchers meeting.  I have loved it ever since!  It's one of my go to recipes when it's cold outside and I'm craving something savory.  Try it!  I know you'll love it!

It's almost as simple as the picture above.  Are you ready?

Weight Watchers Taco Soup
  • 1 lb lean ground beef (or turkey)
  • 1 medium onion, diced
  • 1 packet taco seasoning
  • 1 packet ranch dressing mix
  • 1 cup water
  • 3 cans (15 oz) chili beans (I like mexican style chili beans)
  • 1 can corn
  • 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
  • 1 can diced tomatoes & green chilis (like Ro-Tel)
In a skillet, cook onion and ground beef until done.

Add the beef to your slow cooker, then add all the remaining ingredients and stir.  Cook on high for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally.  If you'd like, you can cook it on low for 4-5 hours.

That's all folks.

ENJOY!!

I highly recommend this recipe.  I have tried many taco soups and this is by far my favorite.  The fact that it's healthy is just an added benefit!

Smiles,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!